September 10, 2020 - one year ago
Riley has only recently started hosting with us this season. She has been a great addition to the team, with her laid back personality and love of sport. Whilst balancing her teaching studies and working she has also started playing AFL this season for Newcastle City and from all reports is absolutely killing it!! In between her crazy schedule she also fits in a sneaky fix of the show SUITS, she is a big fan of the show, but who isn’t amirigt? We sat down with her to find out more about what Riley does to keep busy and how nerdy she really is.
- What is the coolest thing about working with Urban Rec? I love meeting new people and being able to have fun whilst playing sport and listening to music!
- How did you get involved with Urban Rec? My friend Molly usually hosts for Urban Rec but she went on her teaching internship this term and asked if I’d be keen to get involved and take over from her. I was in as soon as she asked pretty much!
- What is your favourite sport? Tough one. I have played pretty much every sport at some stage of my life, but mostly netball, soccer, water polo and tennis at varying representative levels and I love them all HEAPS. But I’ve just started playing AFL this year and I’m really enjoying it, so maybe that right now!
- What do you do when you are not event hosting? Studying a Bach. of Secondary Education majoring in PDHPE and minoring in Business Studies. Otherwise I’m hanging out with friends, family and my boyfriend at the beach (summer) or the snow (winter) getting up to some sort of mischief.
- What is the nerdiest thing you do in your free time? I love to read if I have a good book and I’m on a holiday. Other than that, I’m not too sure. Does shopping count?
- What is your go-to Karaoke song? People always ask me this and I never have an answer, very dependent on my mood haha. But definitely prefer some old school rock or hip-hop for my karaoke music.
- Favourite TV Show? Suits.
- Name one celebrity dead/alive that you would like to have dinner with? A$AP Rocky.
- What are five things you would take with you during the Zombie apocalypse? Food, water, running shoes, phone and headphones.
Would you rather…
- Winter or Summer? Summer
- Cats or Dog? Dog
- Have no eyebrows or only one eyebrow? No eyebrows
- Talk to animals or speak all foreign languages Speak all foreign languages
- Be invisible or Fly? Fly
- Have feet that never stopped growing or hands that never stop growing? Feet
- Only be able to jump everywhere you go or only be able to walk on your hands? Jump everywhere I go