Work with Urban Rec
We are presently looking for League Hosts for our upcoming leagues. League Hosts get to be a special part of our Urban Rec team, and are influential and integral in helping to make our leagues better! There is a large selection of locations/nights of league play to choose from. LH roles are compensated with a paid honorarium and come with some great perks!
What do LEAGUE HOSTS do?
League Hosts’ roles and responsibilities are to supervise and monitor play in our leagues and tournaments. Our League Hosts facilitate a positive and social atmosphere in all of our activities. You must be outgoing, social and energetic. You must know your sport really well, and feel confident in teaching the rules, and in most cases have access to carry a kit bag with gear.
Most League Hosts work one night per week per season (although some work 2 or more nights). For every night that you host, you receive a free night of play in one of our other leagues! Each league is night-specific; for example, this means that you would work 3-4 hours each Monday for a Monday league for the duration of the league. Most leagues run 10-12 weeks depending on the weather, and anticipated rain outs.
We encourage our participants to League Host a sport they are very familiar with. League Hosts may not play on the same night which they work on.
- Setting up equipment as needed
- Organizing teams and starting matches on time
- Ensuring schedules, stats and scores are recorded each night
- Be an ambassador for Urban Rec at your venue
- Make announcements about upcoming events before the start of each session
- Interact with participants and ensure that they are having a great experience
- Play music and become a “Party Host”
- Bring a coaching Mentality
- Be an advocate for Urban Rec at your venue/sport
- Contributing to our community by attending our social events, a proud advocate for Urban Rec
- Participating in our social media challenges and trends
- Attending staff social nights
- Nominating members for the Ambassador Program
- Be influential in league decisions, and creating a better experience
- One free night of league play for every night of League hosting (concurrent season)
- Get paid to workout, and meet new people
- Free official Urban Rec apparel
- Priority registration for your team
- Free or reduced entry to most Urban Rec events
- Meet 1000's of fun, social, active people!
We are currently recruiting League Hosts for the following positions for next season. Weekday leagues start between 6pm and 8:30pm and last 2 to 4 hours.
LEAGUE HOST POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR SPRING – STARTING NOVEMBER 2023
NETBALL – COOKS HILL
MULTISPORT – MAITLAND
SOCCER – MAYFIELD BOWLING CLUB
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the below form – it might help you decide if this role is for you!
- Call us (0403 548 628).
- Leave a voice message on our Facebook Page.
- If you are already an Urban Rec member, chat to one of our staff at any of the league nights.