Rain Out Policy
All Indoor leagues will run irrespective of weather. All official rain-out call’s will be made by 4pm on the day of the game. You will be notified by email, and your Captain will also have an update from our Captains Chat. Sometimes, in spite of our best intentions the weather can turn for the worse between the times we make the decision to play at 3:30 pm and the start of our league play at 6:30pm, so here is a timeline for weather calls leading up to your game time. ⛅⛈️🌤️🌥️🌦️🌧️🌨️🌩️
We make a call dependant on current weather conditions, as well as court and field conditions and closures.
- No notification or email, means play on
- If courts are too wet, we may cancel and reschedule
- If fields are closed by our facility owners, we will cancel and reschedule
⌚6:00pm (20 mins prior to first game)
If rain starts in between the 4pm call and game start time, our staff will make a final assessment of the conditions when they arrive at the venue.
⌚6:30pm (first game on schedule)
Games begin. If heavy rain appears during games, players can choose to play on, or stop play if they do not like conditions or feel un-safe.
- If games can be re-scheduled, they will be
- Games are continued in light rain
- All-weather pitches play on for all levels of rain, except electric storms
- If the first game, or any thereafter are cancelled, remaining teams will be notified via Captains chat ASAP
- Remaining games will be cancelled
You can always contact Urban Rec Member via our Facebook page. If Urban Rec decides that scheduled games are on, and a team chooses not to compete, they will be considered in forfeit and will be subject to the Urban Rec forfeit policy.
Rescheduling rained out games
- Rain out games will be rescheduled to run one week later, and the season end date will be pushed out as a result, to ensure you play all 10 games in your season.
- Some extreme circumstances like venues without lights, means some games cannot be replayed. These games will not be refunded.
- Sometimes this means we need to create double-header games to ensure we complete the season in a nominated time